1866 - 1899 (32 years) Submit Photo / Document
Has 11 ancestors but no descendants in this family tree.
||Selina Martha Kemp |
||27 Jul 1866
||Branxholme, Victoria, Australia [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Selina Martha Gaffin  |
||10 Feb 1899
||St Kilda, Victoria, Australian Colonies [6, 7]
||Aft 10 Feb 1899
||Carlton North, Victoria, Australian Colonies 
Melbourne General Cemetery
- In loving memory of
who died 15 May 1885, age 66 years
also of his wife
who died 8 Apr 1905, age 73 years
and of their son
who died 10 Sep 1888, age 20 years. In loving memory of their beloved
who died 10 Feb 1899, age 32 years
and of their son
Cecil Edmund who died 29 Sep 1899, age 24 years
also of their granddaughter
daughter of F.W. KEMP
24 Dec 1888, age 3 years.
He giveth his beloved sleep.
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
||ONS | KLN Belton
||24 Sep 2012 |
|| Thomas Kemp, b. 24 Feb 1819, Belton, Rutland, England, United Kingdom , d. 15 May 1885, Melbourne, Victoria, Australian Colonies (Age 66 years) |
|| Elizabeth Potter, b. 18 Jul 1832, Whitchurch, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom , d. 8 Apr 1905, Elsternwick, Victoria, Australia (Age 72 years) |
||25 Apr 1854
||Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom [1, 8]
- Source - Marriage Registration 1854 Sheffield 9c 475 - 1954 marriage solemnized at Queen Street Chapel in the District of Sheffield in the County of York, #5, twenty-fifth April 1854; Thomas Kemp, 35, bachelor, gentleman, res at Morton Terrace Kentish Town, St. Pancras, London; father - William Kemp (deceased), farmer; Elizabeth Potter, 21, spinster, res Attercliffe, Sheffield; father - George Potter (deceased), tailor; married in the Queen Street Chapel according to the rites and ceremonies of the Congregational Denomination by me John Earnshaw in the presence of John Cass Potter and Jane Forth Earnshaw
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S286] VicGold Genealogy Database - National Centenary An.
- [S73] Victoria Pioneers Index - Births 1837-1888, Reg. No. 1866/13263 (Reliability: 2).
- [S1142] Australian Vital Records 1788 - 1905, Reg. No. 1866/13263 (Reliability: 2).
- [S2215] Email: Louise Bouchard, Family of Thomas Kemp (1819-1887) person ID - I1294; 20 November 2011; Andrew Kemp (Reliability: 2).
Some notes on the children of Thomas Kemp & Elizabeth Potter - George Hubert Kemp - born 12 May 1857 Linlithogan Plains, Victoria, Australia [source Australian Vital Records Index and family records]; married Marion McKean; child - Thomas Clavering Kemp, born 1887 Yarr, Victoria, Australia [Australia Vital Records Index #25179] George Hubert Kemp with wife and four children are also listed as your family F12811
without his parents Millicent Ann Kemp - born 2 Oct 1858 Linlithogan Plains, Victoria Australia [source Australian Vital Records Index and family records], married Andrew Jack 1881 Dunkeld, Victoria, Australia [source Australian Vital Records Index, #5597]; died Prahran, Victoria, Australia Millicent Ann Kemp with husband and 6 children also listed as your family F19519
without her parents Mary Elizabeth Kemp, born 1 Sep 1860 Linlithgow, Victoria, Australia Hannah Lucy Kemp, born 1 Sep 1862 Dunkeld. Victoria, Australia Francis William Kemp - born 27 Jul 1864 Penshurst, Victoria, Australia Francis William Kemp and wife are also listed as your family F17350
without his parents Selina Martha Kemp - born 27 Jul 1866 Branxholme, Victoria, Australia married David Gaffin 1894 Serpentine, Western Australia [source - Australian Vital Records Index #230] Ernest Octavius Kemp - born 6 Jun 1868 Branxholme, Victoria Australia Charles Harold Kemp - 1872 Branxholme, Victoria, Australia married Edith Emily Mason 1899 and divorced 1907 [State Library of Victoria - Divorce Index Victoria - #80] listed as Harold Charles Kemp Harold Charles Kemp and wife are also listed as your family F16810
Arthur Vincent Kemp - born 30 Jul 1873 Branxholme, Victoria, Australia Entries without a listed source isIf year only - Australian Vital Records Indexif full date - Family Records
- [S2297] WA Online Indexes, Reg. No. WA 1894/230 (Reliability: 2).
- [S97] Digger - Federation Index Victoria 1889-1901, Reg. No. 1899/3768 (Reliability: 2).
- [S2619] Melbourne General Cemetery Memorial Transcriptions (Reliability: 2).
- [S3278] Web: Kemp(e) Family History, Louise Bouchard (Reliability: 2).
- [S1142] Australian Vital Records 1788 - 1905, Reg. No. 1894/230 (Reliability: 2).