1843 - 1920 (77 years) Submit Photo / Document
Has 6 ancestors and 30 descendants in this family tree.
||Joseph KEMP |
|Church of England |
||8 Aug 1843
||Murroon, New South Wales, Australian Colonies [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
||28 Sep 1843
||Geelong, Victoria, Australia [3, 10]
Christ Church of England
||30 Sep 1920
||Colac, Victoria, Australia [2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12]
||2 Oct 1920
||Colac, Victoria, Australia
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
||ONS | KLN Colac Victoria , S-KLN Cavan Ireland
||18 Aug 2016 |
|| William KEMP, b. 1804, Crossreagh, Ballyhaise, Cavan , d. 13 Jun 1877, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 73 years) |
||Jane KEMP (SHARP?), b. Abt 1807, Ashfield, Cavan, Ireland , d. 20 Feb 1888, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age ~ 81 years) |
||Castleterra, Cavan, Ireland [2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13]
- This marriage is quoted in several online GEDCOMs, but unfortunately it is not recorded in the Castleterra marriage registers for 1825-26. There may be an oral tradition among the Colac Kemps that William's wife was also named Kemp before her marriage. And perhaps there was a memory of am origin in Castleterra parish, but I have seen no corroboration of this and the suspicion remains that this Jane Kemp has been selected because of convenience rather than evidence. At least one of the GEDCOMs claims Jane was born in Ashfield while still claiming her to be the daughter of Robert Kemp of Drumcalpin, and recording his other known daughters as being born in Drumcalpin - so why just one daughter born in Ashfield?
There are Kemp families in Ashfield, and if this Jane was a Kemp before marriage, she could have come from there. That would lead to the likelihood that the marriage would have been held in Ashfield, the bride's home parish, and unfortunately the relevant Kildrumsherdiny parish registers are lost for the years in question. Therefore marriage between these two individuals while possible has to be considered questionable.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|| Maryann Elizabeth SHANNON, b. 28 Feb 1859, Brighton, Tasmania, Australia , d. 15 May 1935, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 76 years) |
||2 Jan 1880
||Colac, Victoria, Australia [3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14]
| ||1. Eva Lily KEMP, b. 16 Sep 1880, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. 3 Jan 1961, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 80 years)|
| ||2. Charles William Edward KEMP, b. 23 Apr 1882, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. 26 Jul 1960, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 78 years)|
| ||3. Archibald Joseph KEMP, b. 23 Oct 1883, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. 14 Dec 1961, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 78 years)|
| ||4. Henry Alexander KEMP, b. 22 May 1885, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. Jul 1962, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia (Age 77 years)|
| ||5. Ivy Margaret KEMP, b. 1 Jun 1887, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. Oct 1969, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 82 years)|
| ||6. Edward G KEMP, b. 1889, Colac, Victoria, Australian Colonies , d. 1976, Park, Victoria, Australia (Age 87 years)|
|+||7. Marie Laura Annie KEMP, b. 11 Oct 1896, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. 1971, Prahran, Victoria, Australia (Age 74 years)|
|8. Veronica Marie KEMP, b. 1897, d. 1971, Armadale, Victoria, Australia (Age 74 years)|
|+||9. James Claud Grant KEMP, b. 25 Mar 1900, Colac, Victoria, Australia , d. Jun 1970, Footscray, Victoria, Australia (Age 70 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S85] Ancestral File (R).
- [S2729] Email: Helen Lang, Family Group Worksheet; 9 March 2013; Andrew Kemp (Reliability: 2).
- [S2821] GEDCOM: JCleary4.
- [S3563] Web: Kemp Family Tree, 18 August 2016; Kemp / Kempe (Reliability: 2).
- [S73] Victoria Pioneers Index - Births 1837-1888, Reg. No. 1843/21722 (Reliability: 2).
- [S286] VicGold Genealogy Database - National Centenary An.
- [S819] Web: GenesReunited, Helen Butters.
- [S1037] Email: Neville Spokes, Re: MyHeritage, Genealogy and Spokes/Kemp tree; 29 August 2009; Andrew Kemp (Reliability: 2).
thank you for answering me
the Kemp tree comes into the spokes tree via Bessie Kemp
I have sent what I have could you fill in the blanks and if you have the names for the living people that is in the tree
- [S2828] Colac and Disctrict Pioneer Register, pre-1900, p. 32.
- [S2826] PDF Patrick O'Sullivan, Fiche #334.
- [S99] Digger - Great War Index Victoria 1914-1920, Reg. No. 1920/14020 (Reliability: 2).
- [S2827] GEDCOM: HLang.
- [S2810] Deaths (Victoria), Colac, Colacshire, County of Polwarth, Colony of Victoria. 13 June 1877. William KEMP, farmer, age 73.
"Gangrene of the leg caused by a wound of the leg and general debility, 5 days."
- [S1142] Australian Vital Records 1788 - 1905, Reg. No. 1880/59 (Reliability: 2).