1849 - 1893 (44 years) Submit Photo / Document
Has 6 ancestors but no descendants in this family tree.
||David Kemp |
|Church of England |
||6 Jan 1849
||Irish Town, Victoria, Australia [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
||21 Jan 1849
||Christ Church, Church of England, Geelong, Victoria, Australia [3, 8, 9]
||17 Mar 1893
||Christmas Tank, New South Wales, Australia [2, 3, 6, 7, 10]
||20 Mar 1893
||Kandie, New South Wales, Australia
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
||ONS | KLN Colac Victoria , S-KLN Cavan Ireland
||6 Jul 2020 |
|| William Kemp, b. 1804, Crossreagh, Ballyhaise, Cavan , d. 13 Jun 1877, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age 73 years) |
||Jane Sharp, b. Abt 1807, Ashfield, Cavan, Ireland , d. 20 Feb 1888, Colac, Victoria, Australia (Age ~ 81 years) |
||Castleterra, Cavan, Ireland [2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13]
- This marriage is quoted in several online GEDCOMs, but unfortunately it is not recorded in the Castleterra marriage registers for 1825-26. There may be an oral tradition among the Colac Kemps that William's wife was also named Kemp before her marriage. And perhaps there was a memory of an origin in Castleterra parish, but I have seen no corroboration of this and the suspicion remains that this Jane Kemp has been selected because of convenience rather than evidence. At least one of the GEDCOMs claims Jane was born in Ashfield while still claiming her to be the daughter of Robert Kemp of Drumcalpin, and recording his other known daughters as being born in Drumcalpin - so why just one daughter born in Ashfield?
There are Kemp families in Ashfield, and if this Jane was a Kemp before marriage, she could have come from there. That would lead to the likelihood that the marriage would have been held in Ashfield, the bride's home parish, and unfortunately the relevant Kildrumsherdiny parish registers are lost for the years in question. Therefore marriage between these two individuals while possible has to be considered questionable.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 6 Jan 1849 - Irish Town, Victoria, Australia
|Baptism - 21 Jan 1849 - Christ Church, Church of England, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
|Died - 17 Mar 1893 - Christmas Tank, New South Wales, Australia
|Buried - 20 Mar 1893 - Kandie, New South Wales, Australia
||Andrew D. Kemp. "David Kemp". KEMP(E) Surname one-name study worldwide - Family History (tree) and Genealogy. https://www.kempfamilyhistory.com/getperson.php?personID=I1381&tree=adkemp (accessed June 30, 2022).
- [S85] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
- [S2729] Helen Lang, "," e-mail message from [e-mail for private use] ([street address for private use]), to , ., Family Group Worksheet; 9 March 2013; Andrew Kemp.
- [S2821] John Cleary, GEDCOM: John Cleary.
- [S73] Victoria Pioneers Index (Births) 1837-1888, Reg. No. 1849/22109.
- [S286] VicGold Genealogy Database - National Centenary Ancestral Project on-line in Australia (http://www.ke.com.au/cgi-bin/texhtml?form=VicGold).
- [S819] Contact through GenesReunited (http://www.genesreunited.co.uk), Helen Butters.
- [S1037] Neville Spokes, "," e-mail message from [e-mail for private use] ([street address for private use]), to , ., Re: MyHeritage, Genealogy and Spokes/Kemp tree; 29 August 2009; Andrew Kemp.
- [S1142] Australian Vital Records 1788 - 1905, Reg. No. 1849/22109.
- [S2826] PDF Patrick O'Sullivan, Fiche #336.
- [S2827] GEDCOM Helen Lang.
- [S2828] Downard, Sandra, Lyn Hulm & Kevin Swanson, Colac and Disctrict Pioneer Register, pre-1900 (Name: Genealogical Society of Victoria. Colac Group; Location: Colac, Victoria; Date: 1989;), p. 32.
- [S2810] Deaths (Victoria), Colac, Colacshire, County of Polwarth, Colony of Victoria. 13 June 1877. William KEMP, farmer, age 73..
- [S3563] Kemp Family Tree, database, Thomas Jay Kemp, Kemp Family Tree (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/1487243/family), 18 August 2016; Kemp / Kempe.