1849 - 1924 (74 years) Submit Photo / Document
Has 23 ancestors and more than 100 descendants in this family tree.
||Mary Jane Fookes |
||23 Oct 1849
||Jerusalem, Tasmania, Australia [2, 3]
||1 May 1924
||Perth, Tasmania, Australia [2, 3]
||2 May 1924
||St. Andrews Cemetery, Perth, Tasmania, Australia 
|| Submit Headstone Photo |
- Mary Jane FOOKES was born at Jerusalem, Tas (now called Colebrook) the daughter of Samuel Berjew Fookes and Margaret Sarah Westbrook. Samuel Fookes was at that time Catecist to the convict probationers at Jerusalem. The family mo ved to Impression Bay (now called Premaydena) on Tasman Peninsula where Samuel was in charge of the invalid station. Margaret FOOKES (nee WESTBROOK) died at Impression Bay in 1854. At the end of 1854 the widowed Samuel moved, with his young fam ily, to Stanley on the north west coast where he was the Church of England Rector until August 1857. Others of the FOOKS and BERJEW families were living at Stanley at this time. Whilst stationed at Stanley Samuel married, in May 1855, Louisa Jea n Hobkirk.
The family moved in 1857 to St Matthias at Windermere on the Tamar River and in May 1861 to Perth where Samuel became the Rector at St Andrews and where Mary Jane met and married William REID. Refer notes William REID. (DLR Nov 1991)
Birth: RGD 1849/Oct 1849 (AOT).
Burial: St Andrews Parish records 1924.
||6 Jul 2020 |
|| Reverend Samuel Berjew Fookes, b. 27 Aug 1822, Weymouth, Dorset, England, United Kingdom , d. 2 Nov 1890, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia (Age 68 years) |
|| Margaret Sarah Westbrook, b. 1822, England, United Kingdom , d. 11 Jun 1854, Impression Bay, Tasman Peninsular, Tasmania, Australia (Age 32 years) |
||20 Feb 1847
||Church of England Chapel, Buckland, Tasmania, Australia [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|| William Reid, b. 3 May 1848, Montgreenan, Ayrshire, Scotland , d. 7 Aug 1928, Perth, Tasmania, Australia (Age 80 years) |
||24 Oct 1872
||St Andrews, Perth, Tasmania, Australia [2, 3]
|+||1. Amy Grace Reid, b. 15 Nov 1873, Perth, Tasmania, Australia , d. 9 Sep 1959 (Age 85 years)|
|+||2. Jessie Mary Reid, b. 10 Mar 1875, Perth, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Margaret Helen Reid, b. 7 Aug 1876, Perth, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||4. John Barclay Reid, b. 28 Jan 1879, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||5. Dora Fookes Reid, b. 6 Feb 1881, Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia , d. 1924 (Age 42 years)|
|+||6. William Bruce Reid, b. 8 Aug 1882, Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||7. Samuel Berjew Fookes Reid, b. 1 Aug 1884, Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia , d. 15 May 1963, Christchurch Public Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand (Age 78 years)|
|8. Eleanora Westbrook Reid, b. 12 Dec 1886, Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||9. Emily Christina Reid, b. 8 Oct 1889, Longford, Tasmania, Australia , d. Yes, date unknown|
||17 Sep 2022 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 23 Oct 1849 - Jerusalem, Tasmania, Australia
|Married - 24 Oct 1872 - St Andrews, Perth, Tasmania, Australia
|Died - 1 May 1924 - Perth, Tasmania, Australia
|Buried - 2 May 1924 - St. Andrews Cemetery, Perth, Tasmania, Australia
||Andrew D. Kemp. "Mary Jane Fookes". KEMP(E) Surname one-name study worldwide - Family History (tree) and Genealogy. https://www.kempfamilyhistory.com/getperson.php?personID=I20727&tree=adkemp (accessed September 30, 2022).
- [S162] various, GEDCOM file imported..
- [S1523] GEDCOM file submitted by Tim Hill, [email protected] Imported on 4 March 2011..
- [S1708] Donald Reid, GEDCOM: DReid.
- [S1566] May, Henrietta, website, http://mayhem.atnf.csiro.au/watchorn/I247.html.